Like staying at your grandmother's in the country side. The building is retro, but we do serve world class crab dishes.
Enjoy the exquisite Feast with Specialty Dishー Salt-grilled fish! (Outdoor Hot Springs Ticket and Complimentary Private Baths)
Dinner and breakfast included
Centrally located and perfect for walking around to all the public outdoor hot springs. The inn is everything but fancy, an old fashioned 3 story wooden building with only the basic of facilities. We are known as the oldest looking inn with a bit of a retro fragrance. Even so, half of the travelers to our inn have become regular guests and thanks to them our simple little inn has thrived.
Our main selling point is our cuisine. Especially our individually prepared rich meals that use freshly caught seafood from the local market. Each meal's quality and quantity are sure to satisfy any guest.
Also, we treat our guests like family. Giving them the feeling like they are staying over at their favorite grandmother's house in the country. In fact the majority of our staff are grandmothers and mothers from the area. Our simplicity may not be ideal for some, but we encourage anyone to give us a try. Who knows, you might fall in love with our simple little inn.
Here is the description of the dinner menu (image):
The photo on the right is the specialty dish, "Salt-grilled fish" (seasonal fish salt-grilled in a pot). The size of the fish determines the portion size, suitable for 2 to 4 people. The other dishes will be served in individual portions. As we prioritize seasonal ingredients, please understand that the components may change depending on the availability of the ingredients (especially for sashimi). Thank you for your understanding.
We have gathered delicious dishes from the specialties of seafood and mountain delicacies in the vicinity of Kinosaki Onsen. The proprietor visits the fishing port to carefully select fresh seasonal fish for sashimi and the renowned 'Salt-grilled fish' (ingredients vary daily).
The main course for your dinner will consist of 11 dishes, with highlights such as the grilled shoulder loin or three-layered Youka pork in the teppanyaki style. We invite you to savor the flavors of Kinosaki on this occasion."
Specialty Dish "Salt-grilled fish": A masterpiece created by wrapping a whole freshly caught seasonal fish in a special salt and slowly grilling it over an open flame for approximately one hour.
- The food photographs are for illustrative purposes only. As we prioritize seasonal ingredients, the materials, plates, etc., may vary depending on the season.
- The sashimi and "Salt-grilled fish" ingredients are subject to daily changes based on the day's catch.
- For elementary school students, dinner options include a course meal similar to adults (Reduce a few dishes like shrimp, etc.); for younger children, a children's set meal will be served.
When you break the salt crust of the "Salt-grilled fish," a delightful smell fills the room, and the freshly caught fish greets you with a "Good evening!" (lol). It is a traditional wrap-style cooking method, which allows the fish to retain its moisture, resulting in a tender and juicy texture.
Introducing our specialty dish, "Crab Bonbori" (Crab rice soaked in dashi soup), which we serve for breakfast. It is a unique dish where you can enjoy a bowl of rice topped with shredded crab meat, simmered egg, grated radish, finely chopped green onions, seaweed, and wasabi. To complete the dish, we pour hot and flavorful broth over the ingredients, creating a delicious "Dashi-kake Chazuke," a traditional Japanese tasty dashi-infused rice.
[Additional Dish] Sweet Shrimp Sashimi
Would you be interested in trying our Japanese sea sweet shrimp sashimi? (with an additional charge). We offer a generous serving of 20 shrimp per person at an excellent price of only 1,050 yen. We use high-quality shrimp that is also used in fine sushi restaurants, ensuring your satisfaction with the dish.
Here is an example of a breakfast menu for a particular day. Please note that the food photographs are for illustrative purposes only. As we prioritize seasonal ingredients, there may be changes in the number of dishes, ingredients, and serving ware. Thank you for your understanding.
1. Small bowl (change daily)
2. Grilled dried flounder
3. Soup tofu
4. Egg dishes
6. Specialty "Crab Soup with Rice"
7. Koshihikari white rice
8. Miso Soup
- Additional fee notice
- * Adult fees for ages 13 and above include: meals, bedding, outdoor public bath admission ticket, 1 large towel, 1 small towel, toothbrush set, and a set of yukata (cotton kimono).
■Children aged 7-12:**
■ For children aged 7-12 (1 night, 2 meals) [100% of the adult rate], dinner and breakfast will have the same menu as adults. Additionally, we will provide bedding, a hot spring tour bathing ticket, one bath towel, one towel, a toothbrush set, and a complete yukata set.
■ Children aged 3-6 with meals and bedding:**
○ For children aged 3-6 with meals and bedding (1 night, 2 meals) [70% or 100% of the adult rate, depending on the facility and plan (some facilities/plans may not accept this option, resulting in 70% or 100%)], the dinner will be a children's set meal. We will also provide bedding, a hot spring tour bathing ticket, one bath towel, one towel, a toothbrush set, and a complete yukata set.
○For children aged 3-6 with no meals but with bedding (stay only) [30% or 100% of the adult rate, depending on the facility and plan (some facilities/plans may not accept this option, resulting in 30% or 100%)], no meals will be included for dinner and breakfast. We will provide bedding, a hot spring tour bathing ticket, one bath towel, one towel, a toothbrush set, and a complete yukata set, as well as chopsticks and tableware.
○For children aged 3-6 with no meals and no bedding, this option is available only at Yanagi-so Honkan and Shinbe-kan Tsuruki for an additional fee. No meals will be included for dinner and breakfast. We will provide a hot spring tour bathing ticket, one bath towel, one towel, a toothbrush set, a complete yukata set, as well as chopsticks and tableware.
* Children aged 2 and below who do not require bedding or meals stay for free. Please inform us in advance.
* Check-in time is 3:00 PM. We appreciate your arrival by 6:00 PM. If you plan to check in after 5:00 PM, please inform us in advance.
* Outside drinks (juice, soda, alcohol) and outside food are not allowed. However, if it is for a celebration or special occasion, we may make special exceptions. Additional charges may apply, so please inquire before bringing any outside food or drinks.
- About service fees and taxes
- 10% service fees and 5% consumption tax charges are included in your total. Other fees not included and will be charged extra later is:
Bathing Tax/Bathing Fees
This is a tax levied on bathing guests. It is a special purpose tax to cover the expenses required for tourism promotion; protect and manage facilities for mineral spring sources and firefighting facilities. The mineral spring bathhouse owner becomes responsible to collects it from the bathing guests.
All wards： Adults 150 yen； Children are tax exempt.
Yushima Ward: Adults 280 yen; Children 140 yen.
Out of the ward: Adult 300 yen; Child 150 yen.
- Internet cancellation
- Cancellations are taken 0:00 5 days